MMJ / Digital Producer
Colorado Springs, CO
News Anchor / Reporter - KKTV
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (W/END) - KKTV
At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
Job Summary/Description: Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $40 - 50,000 DOE
To provide a professional and stable air personality representing absolute accuracy and fairness as a standard in reporting the news of the day. This person needs to have a professional commitment to make every effort to get all the facts before they present a story on the air. They must understand that they must lead others in the newsroom by example. This person needs to represent the philosophy of station management and present an image consistent with standards set by station management and common sense.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* To anchor and produce weekend newscasts with responsibility for content and style
* To write concise informative news copy and deliver that copy ''on-air''.
* To contribute daily content to KKTV.COM and other associated digital products
* To report news stories as assigned
• Minimum 3 years anchor/reporter experience
• A journalist at heart who is willing to go live in the field on big stories
• College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
• Leadership skills
• Exceptional news judgment
• Professional knowledge of news operations are required
• Strong and engaging on-air skills to produce memorable live shows
• Strong social media optimizer utilizing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems
• Be calm and cool under pressure & deadlines
• Great organizational skills
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv14n-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.