Multimedia Journalist / Reporter
Colorado Springs, CO
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
KKTV - Colorado Springs, CO
Southern Colorado is a great place to live, work
KKTV is looking to hire a well-rounded journalist who can connect with the community. Strong ad-libbing skills and proven experience as an on-air personality are required. The position is for a ''people person'' who can identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the competition. The ideal candidate will have a great news sense, experience with Content Management Systems, ability to grow social media followers and is capable of working well under pressure. We are looking for someone who displays professionalism and personality, on and off the air. This is a unique position that works in collaboration with our sales team and the KKTV newsroom.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Produce and host a lifestyle segment
• Conduct interviews that grab the attention of our audience
• Write broadcast and digital news stories that meet standards for journalistic integrity and are compelling
• Contribute regularly to news coverage on TV and on-line as a reporter
• Operate news equipment in a safe, professional manner
• Maintain a content strategy for digital platforms
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects
• Work closely with sales personnel, assistant news director and digital content manager
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2 years anchor or reporter experience
• Resume reel is required
• College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
• Experience with producing software, non-linear editing systems and video camera equipment
• Understanding of legal implications of covering the news along with copyright law
• Exceptional news judgment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93y84-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.