At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
KKTV 11 News is looking for an investigative/consumer MMJ. This is not a beginner position. This position requires solid reporting and being well versed in open records laws. We are looking for a reporter who isn't afraid to ask tough questions, turn investigative stories that viewers care about and has an emphasis on accuracy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* Writing, reporting, shooting, editing and doing live shots
* Must be able to dig and have knowledge of open records laws
* Turning timely investigative stories regularly
* Developing sources
* Enterprising stories
* Work efficiently alone
* Contribute content daily to KKTV.COM and other associated digital products
* Occasional fill-in anchor opportunities
* Candidate should have a degree in journalism
* Work with our 11 Call for Action volunteers
* Must have 2 years of experience
Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $31 - $45K (depending on experience)
Are you energetic, positive and goal-oriented with a passion to succeed? Our station invites you to send your cover letter and resume, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4je4q-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.