At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO/KJCT is looking for a creative and aggressive, visual storyteller. You must be self-motivated, organized, and have good communication skills. You must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Primary duties include gathering video, interviews, and information as well as monitoring scanners, social media, and other sources for news. You will also be responsible for editing video for broadcast and digital platforms. A journalism or communication background is a plus.
Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $13.20 (per hr. - starting)
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Produce top-quality video as assigned
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license
- Monitor scanners, social media, and other sources for news
- Edit video for broadcast and digital/ social platforms
- Help maintain fleet of news vehicles
- Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
- Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Schedule flexibility is a must. This is a full-time, hourly position and may include working overnights, holidays and weekends. Please apply online and attach resume with cover letter as well as a link to samples of your work.
- Candidate must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and MVR.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo2mm-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.