KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
This position is for a sales assistant/traffic specialist. The candidate MUST thrive in a fast paced environment and be flexible.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the LSM in all aspects of sales operations. Assist AE's as directed by the LSM.
• Generate and prepare various reports in Wide Orbit, Admall, StationView Essentials, Comscore, Google analytics, etc.
• Various traffic duties as assigned, up to and including: Enter traffic instructions for copy, reconciliation of commercial logs, manual log adjustments as needed, download spots, dub list, final log review, freeze logs prior to turning them over to the traffic hub
• Enter sales orders quickly and accurately (including Marathon, Programmatic, TVB, others as assigned), upload forms for digital campaigns, sales contract flow, pull spot times, reconcile contracts, handle makegoods for certain contracts (Marathon, Programmatic, CNN, TVB)
• Assist Programming hub in keeping the programming current in Wide Orbit Media Sales
• Assist GSM and LSM in coordinating sales events
• Provide AE support regarding makegood questions
• Provide AE support for copy questions
• Assign traffic instructions for copy for Marathon/Programmatic/CNN/TVB
• Other duties as assigned
• Be a TEAM PLAYER
• POSSESS A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
• Meet deadlines routinely and communicate clearly with supervisors or co-workers if there will be a delay
• Be efficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft products, and have the ability to quickly learn new systems
• Possess strong written & verbal communication skills
• Possess great troubleshooting AND problem-solving skills
• Have an interest in learning about a new industry and how things work
• Be a self-starter
• Have strong organizational skills
• Be detail oriented
• Be customer service oriented
*** This candidate reports to the GM and the LSM and must work closely with a sales team, and a traffic hub that is located out of state. The preferred qualifications to begin a career as a sales assistant/traffic specialist include an associate's degree pertaining to marketing or advertising with exceptional data entry skills; although a high school diploma with strong administrative experience may be sufficient for this mid-level role. ***
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy71zk-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.