KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO/KJCT, the strong #1 station in the Grand Junction/Montrose market, is looking for a dynamic sports reporter and anchor to join our team. The ideal candidate is the consummate team player and knows how to tell good sports stories that non-sports fans will love. From the Colorado Mesa University Mavericks to our many local high schools, we strive to provide the area's best coverage of the impact sports have on our local community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Produce and anchor sports content on weekends, or on weekdays as needed
• Enterprise, shoot, edit, and report compelling stories with a sports emphasis
• Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
• Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station's website and news apps
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
- College degree preferred
- Passion for covering local sports
- Effective storyteller
- Ability to shoot and edit video
- Eager to report live in the field
- Thrives in competitive, but fun environment
- Ability to carry and utilize camera equipment in the field
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ybkz-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.