Multimedia Journalist/ Anchor - KKCO
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit-sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
Shift and Schedule:
Mon. - Fri.
KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO/KJCT, the strong #1 station in the Grand Junction/Montrose market, is looking for a journalist with a passion for storytelling to join our team. This position requires solid reporting on all types of daily news stories with an emphasis on accuracy and quality. The position also requires the ability to cover breaking news. Responsible for daily news photography and videotape editing in addition to publishing to digital platforms. Our Number 1 TV station needs a strong individual to generate revenue through advertising sales by servicing existing clients and creating new advertisers.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• A proven track record of finding unique stories
• Ability to deliver information live on television using a 'one man band' set up of camera, and TVU backpack
• Editing video for broadcast
• Engaging with audience on social media platforms
• Shooting video on professional cameras for broadcast
• Posting content to digital platforms, to include the station's site as well as social media
• Appear at station-sponsored events and promote station/brand
• Willingness to work weekends/holidays and 'non-business' hour shifts
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic, and self-starter with a willingness to learn
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must possess a valid Driver's License with a good driving record
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KKCO-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x8eq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.