Meteorologist - KKCO
METEOROLOGIST (MORNING/MID-DAY) - KKCO
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit-sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors, and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, ut a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
Job Summary/Description: Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $39K - $41K
KKCO/KJCT is looking for our next Morning / Midday Meteorologist. This candidate is self-motivated, committed to quality control, and must have a passion for weather. We need someone who can produce and present accurate and reliable forecasts. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, versatile, able to handle pressure, meet deadlines and have a positive attitude. The right candidate will be able to deliver weather on all of our traditional and digital platforms.
Duties/responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Distribute weather data with hyper-local information to all TV and digital platforms
- Fill in for other meteorologists as needed
- Regular social media content created and published
- Confident & experienced performance on air
- Meteorology degree
- Experience with WSI
- Strong digital and social content skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references (make sure to include your demo reel).
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KKCO-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re9370-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.