At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO/KJCT is hiring an Anchor/Producer to join our team of journalists at the dominant station in western Colorado. Candidates must have strong writing, organizational, and leadership skills.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce and create unique, fast-paced newscasts
- Anchor nightly newscasts
- Edit video and stories for broadcast
- Interview subjects and research facts for accuracy
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
This position pays: $15.00 per hour
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A degree in broadcast journalism or related field is preferred
- Prior professional experience working in news is preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communication and leadership capabilities
- Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, and write
- A valid driver's license and good driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxokwj-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.