KKCO 11 News is the news leader in the Grand Junction market. The largest city between Salt Lake and Denver, our outdoor recreation and mild climate draw people from across the country here. Our area sees all four seasons and you can ski and golf on the same day during certain parts of the year. Home to the Grand Junction Rockies and a huge summer country music festival, Grand Junction is a perfect community where residents enjoy the best of the outdoors and all the area has to offer. Our station has a history in our communities as being not only the news leader, but a community partner. Our focus on digital allows us to reach far beyond our broadcast signal, to communities in southern Colorado and eastern Utah.
KKCO-TV is accepting applications for a full-time Sales Account Executive for our NBC, ABC, CW+, Me-TV and Telemundo stations. Our Number 1 TV station needs a strong individual to generate revenue through advertising sales by servicing existing clients and creating new advertisers. Previous experience in office administration or in the Sales/Production/Traffic areas on a broadcast station preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Prospect new businesses, find decision makers and arrange meetings with them.
• Develop and present market research and advertising proposals to support a client's goals.
• Interact with various internal departments to carry out client requirements, including scheduling advertising, promotions, monitor account activities and collections.
• Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records in a sales activity database.
• Weekly review and prepare forecast of expected sales.
• Complete required documentation and reporting for the proper processing of contracts, advertising schedules, expense reports, collections, and other company needs.
• Regular, consistent punctual attendance, work flexible hours as needed, including nights and weekends.
• Keep up to date on all products and services offered, learn new products and understand how clients can benefit from them.
• High School or equivalent.
• Marketing/Sales background.
• Understand and operate on policies as outlined in the Gray Employee Handbook.
• Have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
• A pre-employment and random drug screening and motor vehicle record verification.
• Demonstrate prospecting and presentation skills, develop strong client relationships, and meet sales activity goals.
• Achieve budgeted revenue goals regularly.
• Demonstrate initiative, self-motivated and strong organization skills.
• Works as a team member within the sales department and throughout the organization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw74bk-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.