KJRH, the NBC station in Tulsa, Oklahoma, owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is looking to hire an aggressive and engaging Multimedia Journalist / Reporter. The Multimedia Journalist / Reporter is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms. Tulsa offers a low cost of living and the kinds of stories you'll be eager to tell. The city is rich with history, has a booming arts and entertainment scene, a popular zoo, and a strong economy. The leadership in this award-winning newsroom will support your career and help you grow as a journalist. Apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
• Pitch, shoot, write, edit, and track compelling enterprise and real-time stories.
• Confirm accuracy of information before publishing, posting, or broadcasting stories.
• Pitch stories that impact local communities and neighborhoods.
• Produce packaged reports and go live from the scene when necessary.
• Help news producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound, and showcasing elements.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story if one is assigned.
• Assist online staff in preparing multimedia stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
• Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast-quality camera equipment
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
• Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company-required insurance limits
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15wqv-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.