Morning Weekday Meteorologist, KIVI
KIVI the ABC station in Boise, ID, owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is searching for a Morning Weekday Meteorologist. The Morning Weekday Meteorologist will work as an anchor both from the studio and live on location from events. This Morning Weekday Meteorologist will further our station's mission and be involved in the community, responsible for analyzing meteorological data gathered by satellites and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for the public. Boise is a great mid-sized city with lots of ways to enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare and deliver daily weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers.
• Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary.
• Prepare and deliver all weathercast materials over a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: TV, Radio, Internet.
• Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers.
• Receive assignments or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Report live from event sites or mobile broadcast unit.
• May write and produce quality news and weather stories for multiple media platforms.
• May report, write, capture visual content, edit, and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in Meteorology preferred
• Generally 3+ years experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Thorough knowledge of weather data interpretation and forecasting
• Ability to deliver weather information in a concise and understandable way
• Ability to create computer generated graphics
• Computer literate, including newsroom computer systems
• Proficient at posting content to various platforms
• Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn7z7o-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.