Executive Producer - KHNL
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER (MORNING) - KHNL
KHNL/KGMB/KFVE/Telemundo Hawaii – Hawaii News Now! KGMB (CBS) KHNL (NBC) K5 and Telemundo Hawaii collectively make up Hawaii News Now, the state's dominant multimedia news organization with the largest digital news footprint in the islands. HNN's parent company is Gray TV, a leading digital media and broadcasting company. Located in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii, Hawaii News Now is the home of 12 streams of diverse content.
The ideal candidate will be an effective leader able to inspire and coach a team of journalists. The EP will be an aggressive breaking news leader with creative problem-solving abilities. They will be a member of the news management team and will work to develop and execute key newsroom initiatives.
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage content and staff of 15+ for 4.5-hour morning newscast!
• Help identify and direct new content; work with producers to create factual, compelling, and creative coverage on-air and on our digital platforms.
• Create daily coverage plans as well as developing coverage plans for severe weather and big stories.
• Ability to react quickly and accurately to breaking news as it is a key pillar of strength for our Sunrise newscasts.
• Fluency in multi-platform coverage.
• Must maintain a working knowledge of current events and community issues.
• Ability to articulate your vision for the newscasts on all platforms as well as with the entire team and news managers.
• Fact-checking, strong editorial judgment, and excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must.
• Able to handle the decision-making process quickly, accurately, and calmly during the on-air process.
• Be able to positively coach and help teammates grow their skill sets in a nurturing way.
• Work with other station managers on strategic station goals and initiatives
• 3+ years' experience as a newsroom leader.
• Strong news judgment.
• Able to manage, mentor, and lead a team.
• Lead by example.
• Strong communication with the News Director, Assistant News Director, and Digital Content Manager as well as station leadership as needed.
• Work to add high production values inside the newscasts.
• Driving and injecting Breaking News into these newscasts is critical with LIVE video and new information from local, to national and international events.
• Ability to write clearly and accurately and edit video.
• Create compelling and memorable story coverage.
• A willingness to work flexible hours and possess the ability to work well with co-workers.
• Ability to handle and adjust accordingly to last-minute changes.
• Strong initiative, self-starter, and attention to detail.
• Ability to be on top of local, national, and international news & weather.
• Understand and follow the journalistic code of ethics.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KHNL-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2yo3-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.