Digital News Desk - KHNL
DIGITAL NEWS DESK (Temporary) - KHNL
KGMB (CBS), KHNL (NBC) and K5 collectively make up Hawaii News Now, the state's dominant multimedia news organization with the largest digital news footprint in the islands. HNN's parent company is Gray TV, a leading digital media and broadcasting company. Located in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii, Hawaii News Now also provides diverse sub-channels such as Antenna TV, Grit TV, This TV, Escape and Bounce TV.
Hawaii News Now is seeking to fill an immediate opening for a temporary position on our Digital News Desk. The successful candidate must be a team player with a digital first mentality.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Write news stories for on web and social media digital content
- Write news scripts for broadcast
- learn skills to assist news producer
- able to work & assist the Assignment Editor & Executive Producer
- Shoot video and take photos, including in breaking news situations
- Publish compelling and engaging posts on social media
- Seek out opportunities to tell stories differently in a news & digital context
- Current studies in journalism or related field.
- Must work well in stressful situations. Meeting pressure of daily deadlines. Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing schedules. Excellent writing, spelling and typing skills required. Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel laws. Must work well with news personnel, and other station employees and the general public.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq98xm-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.