NTV News (KHGI/KFXL) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time News and Sports MMJ. This is a unique role and it will take a go-getter that loves both news and sports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including television, websites, and various social networks. You will work alongside the sports director and the news director, each day, to produce content most relevant at the time. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a good story, research it, shoot it, write, and edit it using strong storytelling and TV production values. Our viewers want impactful and memorable stories, and we want to deliver.
Skills and Experience:
• A self-starter who will generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
• Excellent shooting and editing abilities (preferably using Avid Newscutter)
• Strong knowledge of all athletics
• Well versed in the news of the day and current events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Positive attitude
• 100% dedication to your team and our viewers
• Strong storytelling skills
• Solid writing skills and a dynamic live presence on television.
• Previous reporting experience is strongly preferred but we will work with the right candidate who is eager to learn.
• Live shot experience is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without a reel will be discarded.
NTV News and our parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk5ze4-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.