Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
KHGI is looking for an eager and driven Multi-Media Journalist. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting on all kinds of platforms. We're not just a TV station... We're a content everywhere station! You'll be enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, shooting, editing, writing, and going live on TV and on various social media platforms to alert, protect and empower our viewers.
Of course, other responsibilities will be assigned as the needs warrants and you will be cross-training as a news producer. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
• Sharp news judgment
• The ability to tell great visual stories
• Excellent technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• The ability to work well independently and with your team
• You must crave feedback and willingly put it into practice
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous reporting experience is desired but we will train someone fresh out of college with a journalism or multi-media degree.
• Experience with live shots is strongly desired as we are looking for candidates with a solid on-camera presence.
• Experience with Live-U, Avid, and iNews is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
NTV News and our parent company, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!