KHBS TV has an opening for a self-motivated Assignment Manager to lead our assignment desk and daily newsgathering effort. Ideal candidate will be a highly-organized person with strong leadership skills and managerial abilities.
• Monitoring radio/scanners for breaking news
• Coordinating and dispatching reporters and photographers in the field
• Maintaining court files and future event planning
• Set news coverage priorities
• Gather information on stories
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Must have experience listening to police scanners.
• Familiar with local newsgathering technology and terminology.
• Applicant will have strong people and phone skills as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere. A strong emphasis on Breaking News is our culture so the ideal candidate must be open and willing to embrace the mission.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to foster and maintain professional working relationships with newsmakers.
• Have the ability to gather information from multiple sources simultaneously and quickly push it out to anchors, reporters, producers and digital editors.
• Must have a sense of urgency and be able to thrive in a high-pressure breaking news and weather environment.
• Be able to remain calm and level-headed during breaking news situations.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must have advanced knowledge of digital platforms, especially social media. Successful candidate will be required to monitor multiple social media accounts in order to gather content and communicate with news makers.
• Willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5e24-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.