KGWN-TV was the first television station in the State of Wyoming, started in March 1954. KGWN-TV is the dominant news source for the Cheyenne-Scottsbluff market. KGWN-TV is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne the Capital City, is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base and Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world's largest outdoor rodeo.
Would you like to start your career at an award-winning television station? What we do at KGWN matters, perhaps more than it ever has before. Our employees contribute to that success on a daily basis. A dedicated group of experienced veterans and young professionals work hard morning, noon and night to bring our community the best quality content possible.
KGWN, Wyoming News Now in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking a hard working, trustworthy applicant to fill the open
position of Production Assistant. Production Assistants are responsible for master control and audio board/floor director operations during news casts.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Monitoring the quality of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station's high standards.
* Logging exact time of commercial break and syndication playback.
* Downloading, editing and checking material for on-air playback via automation system.
* Setting up/breaking down studio for Newscast.
* Light Floor Director responsibilities.
* Operation of audio board for Newscast. Possibility of technical directing of Newscast.
* Editing, tagging and preparing commercial spots and promo's for playback via automation system.
* Operation of multiple computer based systems.
* Minimum High School Diploma
* TV operation experience preferred but not required. Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
* Possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Computer literate and technically oriented
* Self-motivated, and a fast learner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vbp4-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.