NEWS ANCHOR/PRODUCER (EVENING) - KGWN
KGWN-TV is the dominant news source for the Cheyenne-Scottsbluff and Casper markets. KGWN-TV is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City, and Cheyenne Frontier Days the world's largest outdoor rodeo. With stations in Casper, Cheyenne, and Scottsbluff, NE we are focused on telling local stories that matter. We are dominant both on broadcast and digital. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
Wyoming News Now is looking for a newsroom leader - someone who can lead in gathering excellent visual stories, producing his/her newscasts, and being highly involved in script writing and story assignments with reporters. The ideal candidate will be able to do these things, all while keeping digital posting top of mind.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Anchor/produce evening newscasts.
• Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Cheyenne.
• Perform regular duties of a reporter - from developing story ideas to shooting, editing, and going live, as well as posting on digital and social platforms.
• Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media, the stations' website, and news app.
• Meet tight daily deadlines.
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news.
• Be a leader in the newsroom.
• Ability to shoot and edit videos, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air.
• Some experience from the anchor desk.
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
• A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• Familiarity with non-linear editing, Social Media is a plus.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KGWN/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyep2-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.