Executive Reporter, KGTV
KGTV, The Scripps ABC station in San Diego, California is looking for an innovative and creative Executive Reporter to join our team.
The Executive Reporter will lead our mission to enhance storytelling. Provide expertise and passion for telling stories that impact our communities. Inspire and mentor talent at all levels to find creative ways to grow their skills.
You MUST include a link that shows examples of your storytelling abilities along with your application.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead, develop, and enhance the storytelling skill and abilities of all reporters and MMJs in the station.
• Collaborate with other newsroom leaders to consistently execute the content strategy through authentic, meaningful storytelling .
• Oversee the writing of stories for all platforms; provide timely feedback to foster continuous improvement.
• Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple news programs and outlets.
• Ensure that all content adheres to journalistic standards and ethical guidelines.
• Deliver a vision and create trust among reporters, photographers and newsroom staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
• Generally 8+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Demonstrated expertise in storytelling.
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Curiosity for the community, city, state and world we report on daily.
• Deep understanding of the content strategy.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, early morning, and holidays.
Annual Salary: $89,000.00 - $94,000
Pursuant to state and local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in California.
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pwwv-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.