KGNS is located in Laredo, TX which sits along the Texas/Mexico border. Laredo is the 10th largest city in Texas and boasts being largest inland port in the country and sits as the focal point of international trade, immigration, and many other international interest issues. KGNS is a great station to develop your skills for a successful television career. A large percentage of our alumni have gone on to extremely prosperous careers in larger markets due to the training and hands on work they receive when they start at KGNS.
The primary duty of this job is to gather news video in the field, working with reporters and the assignments desk. Applicants should have experience in all aspects of television news photography, electronic editing equipment, and live equipment.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Videotaping and editing.
- Live News Equipment operation.
- Working with newsmakers and public contacts for information gathering in the field.
- Edit daily newscasts.
- Responsible for taking daily live feeds and making strict news deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to get along with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director.
- Prior experience in a television news environment.
- Non-Linear editing equipment operation knowledge and experience.
- Must know how to shoot and edit.
- Knowledge of EDIUS a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22k4y-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.