News Anchor - Investigative Reporter
Digital MMJ and producer
KGET in Bakersfield is looking for a super smart versatile journalist to join our multimedia team.
The permanent assignment for this position is as a digital team MMJ.
However, because of staffing changes during the pandemic, this person will produce weekend newscasts for the next couple months.
We are the dominant station here in Market 125, where we also operate a Telemundo sister station. We pride ourselves on intelligent news and we need a replacement for a teammate who has been promoted.
As a digital MMJ -- the permanent assignment -- this journalist will gather and report news for kget.com. This may consist of writing newspaper-style stories or preparing television-type video stories.
As newscast producer -- the temporary assignment -- this writer will work Saturday and Sunday , 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Working with an anchor and a reporter, this writer will prepare a 30-minute weekend newscast.
Under this temporary assignment, this new hire will work as a digital MMJ, as described above, for three other days a week.
This is a full-time, permanent job suitable for an entry level professional.
Prospects should complete the application on this site AND drop an email to News Director. Please put "Digital MMJ and producer" in the subject line.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.