KFDM has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Chief Photographer to lead our staff of Photographers and Multimedia Journalists (MMJs). We are looking for a leader who knows how to tell great stories with video and sound, and can inspire excellence from the staff. Our Chief Photographer manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers and MMJs. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photographer is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and editors, and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
• Provide constructive feedback on shooting and editing of videographer staff
• Train staff on ENG truck and Live U operation
• Assist News Director with hiring and scheduling of staff
• Maintain Avid system
• Must have at least three (3) years of television news photography and non-linear editing experience
• Must also be professional, organized, and highly motivated
• Knowledge and experience with television news photography is required
• Technical knowledge of SAT vehicles, LIVE U, and AVID editing is a must
• The ability to work with reporters and Multimedia Journalists, as well as independently be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy99qm-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.