- Full Time
Job DescriptionNews Producer/ MMJ - KEYC
NEWS PRODUCER/ MMJ (MORNING) - KEYC
Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, Circle, CW, FOX, Ion and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth.
Enjoy all four seasons in the booming Greater Mankato metropolitan area. The friendly, welcoming region is a happy mix of city and country living.
We broadcast more than 22 hours of local news, weather and sports each week and maintain the most highly visited social media sites in southern Minnesota.
KEYC News Now is looking for a morning Producer/Multimedia Journalist who can also fill-in anchor when needed. We want someone who can connect with the community, understand quality storytelling and is able to gather their own content. The ideal candidate can handle feature stories one day, and report on breaking news the next. This position offers a little bit of everything! You'll be part of an established team that helps wake southern Minnesota and northern Iowa start their day with the latest news, weather and sports as well as a smile!
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field of study required. You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and deliver compelling content by reporting daily stories using ENG Equipment
• Use ''Think like a viewer'' mindset in covering local news, what will a viewer find relevant
• Edit video blending natural sound with field interviews and reporter track
• Write clear, concise news copy that is balanced
• Shoot video using station's broadcast quality ENG Equipment
• Furnish a minimum of 3 story ideas on daily basis
• Use newsroom computer system to gather and write news stories
• Update station website and social media accounts throughout the day
• Adhere to station branding and promotion
• Adhere to safety rules and programs and assist in implementing new safety initiatives
• Other duties as requested by News Director and/or Assignment Manager
• Excellent writing skills, solid judgment and ethics
• Driven to develop original content
• Understands digital/social media platforms and strategy
• Produces content with urgency and immediacy
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
• Broadcast journalism experience, media-related bachelor's degree and clean driving record
Come join our dynamic news team, If you feel you're qualified, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
KEYC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83yb9-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.