Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth.
KEYC News Now is looking for a digital content producer for its web and social media platforms. This position is responsible for content for the station website, mobile platforms and social media.
The web producer creates content (copy, video and/or pictures) for all digital platforms while communicating with newsroom staff, including reporters, photographers, assignment manager and news director.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. Solid news judgment and ability to multi-task is essential. You should be calm under pressure. The ideal candidate would be social media and tech savvy.
You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field of study required is preferred, but we will train the right candidate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including keyc.com
- Track and review digital metrics to grow audiences and engagement
- Be the ''digital voice'' and point person ensuring our daily and long-term projects, including special event and breaking news coverage, are multi-dimensional
- Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth
- Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
- Driven to develop original news content
- Understands digital/social media platforms and strategy
- Produces with urgency and immediacy
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
- Integrity, accountability, teamwork
- Broadcast journalism experience, media-related bachelor's degree and clean driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now''
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kw05-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.