KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for a reporter/anchor.
We're looking for someone to anchor our top-rated Saturday evening newscast, and to be a primary reporter on our nightside team four other days per week.
As Saturday evening anchor, you are a team leader: writing and reviewing news copy, providing updates on digital platforms, and of course, anchoring newscast at 6:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
You will have an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news.
The right candidate will be a great reporter and writer, with an interest in investigative journalism and a desire to tell great stories. We want reporters who are eager to expose what's right, and what needs work in our community. Four days out of your five-day week, you'll be an integral part of the top-rated 10pm news team.
We're looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You'll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication..
This is your opportunity to join Omaha's News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
• Anchoring Saturday evening newscasts
• Assisting producers with writing and reporting content for television and digital platforms.
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
• Some video editing
• At least two years of television or digital news reporting.
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of the community, civics as well as national and world events
• Non-linear video editing skills
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.