KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for the position of on-air reporter. You will be joining an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news. The right candidate will be a writer with an interest in investigative journalism and a desire to tell great stories. We want reporters who are eager to expose what's right, and what needs work in our community.
You must have the drive to cover breaking news, and report extemporaneously in a clear, concise manner.
We're looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You'll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha's News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
• Some video editing
• Live reporting
• Some substitute anchoring
• At least two years of television or digital news reporting.
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of the community, civics as well as national and world events
• Non-linear video editing skills
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Must be able to work weekends
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb32o-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.