KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for a morning and Noon anchor/reporter.
We're looking for someone to join our award-winning morning news team as a breaking news desk anchor. You will be working either in the studio or in the field, reporting on local, national and world events each morning.
The live desk anchor is responsible for checking beats, making calls, and scanning network news video services to turn several new stories each morning while the morning newscast is in progress. You should expect to write your own material, and, on occasion, edit video.
So, we're looking for a high-energy, engaging anchor who wants to be the first to share new information with the viewing audience.
The right candidate must be a self-starter and just as eager to work independently as he-or-she is to work with the full team. You must be able to think on your feet, report extemporaneously and accurately, and be ready for anything during the course of a 2.5- hour live newscast.
The KETV Live Desk anchor will report either in the studio or live in the field depending on the nature of the day's news. This position also involves reporting stories for other daily KETV newscasts, and anchoring KETV's Noon newscast.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha's News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
• Reporting breaking news and other content during a live newscast, either in-studio or on remote
• Writing and editing copy for broadcast and digital platforms
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
• Some video editing
• At least one year of television or digital news reporting.
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of the community, civics as well as national and world events
• Non linear video editing skills
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.