KETV is accepting applications for a full-time Reporter/MMJ to work a Monday through Friday shift contributing to our top-rated First News morning newscast.
As an MMJ, you would be responsible for creating content and working with other KETV journalists to produce daily news material for our broadcasts and digital platforms.
We're looking for a self-starter who we can count on to work independently when necessary, but who also thrives on being part of an aggressive, creative team.
With support from producers and reporters, you will pursue breaking news in the Omaha metro from midnight until 9:00 a.m. We would call upon you to report live from the scene of breaking news stories on some days, and on other days, to report on features or general news.
You could find yourself working in conjunction with a reporter, or working independently. We thrive on great ideas, so we would expect you to contribute to the daily discussion of how we cover and uncover news in Omaha.
The winning candidate will be aggressive, enthusiastic, and eager to try new things. We want someone who will contribute to our digital platforms as well.
Entry-level applicants with a background in journalism will be considered.
• Generating story ideas
• Shooting and editing video on deadline, shooting and reporting live reports from the field.
• Interviewing newsmakers and citizens who are part of a news story
• Writing news content for broadcast and digital platforms.
Requirements and Expectations:
• You must be ready to work a shift from Midnight to 9:00am
• You must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
• A degree or background in journalism or a related field
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere editing software
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vqxn-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.