KETK News 56 is searching for a hands-on, aggressive, innovative, creative and dynamic Executive Producer. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to the next level. The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms.
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
• Help ''produce-up' newscasts during prominent or breaking news, to help elevate the production value of the newscast
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
• Oversee a daypart block of shows, work to showcase stories differently, to promote and tease shows to attract new viewers.
• Work with TV and Digital side, making sure coverage on each compliment and balance each other.
• Approve scripts by producers, reporters and anchors for urgency, accuracy and balance.
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
• Ensure journalism in shows is fair, balanced, accurate and in line with station goals
• At times, being able to step in and produce shows when others are out sick or on vacation.
• Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, TV/film or the equivalent
• At least 3 years' experience in television or radio broadcast/journalism.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills; able to multi-task and handle high pressure situations
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Utilize state-of-the-art television and digital technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy9wwm-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.