Multimedia Journalist, KERO
What happens in our neighborhoods matters. Come join a journalism revolution in California. We will change the way we gather the news and who our viewers look to for change.
Research, write, capture visual content and edit stories for multiple platforms, and be part of a team that cares about the community inside and outside the newsroom.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
• Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
Hourly: $25.96 - 30.77
Pursuant to local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in California.
WHAT WE OFFER (ADDITIONAL BENEFITS):
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxb0mo-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.