KEPR is looking for a Morning Weather Anchor to present the weather forecast for the weekday morning show. As our Morning show Weather Anchor you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• In depth knowledge of forecasting
• Must be able to be clear and concise with delivery of materials to a large on-air audience
• Must be nimble and adjust to a fast-paced newscast that will evolve during the morning hours
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• 2 years of experience in weather presentation preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89p8x-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.