KDVR/KWGN, a Nexstar Media Broadcasting station, seeks a full-time News Photographer to join our News Team.
Shoots video of news events, both live and recorded, for news programs. Edits material to match script prepared by reporter, producer or associate producer.
Must possess ability to gather news content independently and efficiently convey that information to the station, while also contributing media content to our digital platforms.
Work closely with reporters to get a complete story, and collaborate the best method to be produced.
Edits stories. Suggests story topics and/or pictorial essays to Executive Producer.
Maintains assigned equipment and keeps vehicle in good working condition. Makes sure camera equipment and vehicle receive proper/timely maintenance.
Ability to set-up remotes to transmit pictures live from-the-scene and report back to station.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• College degree desired.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere non-linear editing software and have a working knowledge of remote/live production techniques.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as news or production photographer preferred.
• At least 2 years of non-linear editing experience and organizational skills required.
• ENG/SNG truck operation experience preferred.
• Good organizational skills.
• Must have valid Colorado driver's license and good driving record.
• Usually 8-hour workdays, 5 days a week; may be required to work additional hours/days. We are a 24/7 operation so shifts may be changed to meet department's needs.
• Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Maintains a positive attitude with teamwork mentality.
Compensation and benefits:
• Pay Range: $50k+
• Paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, disability insurance, and life insurance
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbno7o-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.