KDVR/KWGN, the Nexstar-owned FOX/CW duopoly in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an experienced 4pm news co-anchor/reporter to join our winning team. You'll pair with Matt Mauro on our 4pm hourlong broadcast on FOX31, then report for the 9/10. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging talent who can connect with an audience on all platforms. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills, and the ability to tell memorable stories. You must have a track record of enterprising stories and winning the day.
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the target viewer. We are looking for an experienced anchor who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, drives important and breaking news and pitches good local enterprise stories and does quality in-depth reporting daily.
• Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
• Covers ''day-of'' news in accordance with station brand initiatives and audience content priorities
• Must be able to make a pitch and set up a story, then anchor the 4pm news, and still turn good enterprise journalism for 9/10.
• Ability to perform strong, interactive live shots
• Fill-in for the 5pm/9pm/10pm anchor when she is off, or on assignment
• Works with producers and writers to improve newscasts
• Engage with audience on all relevant social media platforms
• Represents station at public events
• Minimum of 5 years of on-air experience
• Minimum of 3 years of anchoring experience
• Past anchoring and reporting experience required
• Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work a flexible schedule
• Degree in Journalism or related field
Compensation & Benefits
• Pay Range: $110K+
• The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r111ee-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.