- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout KCWY:
When you think of your first real job in broadcasting you may have imagined a big town or small , a place close to far away from home, but if you are smart you think of a place you can hone your craft, a place where you will be given many opportunities to cover big stories and small in a friendly environment that is a place you can make immense progress in your skills. That's what our staff does here. Our team tends to be people in their first jobs who want to get better in a preparation for a long career in our business. Most of the stories we do are turned in the day we decide to do them. Casper is a small very generous town where people will accept you wherever you grew up and help you along your way. The two years you will spend with us are a wonderful preparation for what's next and if you do well can open up opportunities to move many places in the country to work for Gray television. Gray owns the best stations in the markets they have facilities and one thing that will become clear as you move on is the best stations are the best for a reason. Many of our staff move on to other Gray stations all across the country . If you like outdoor recreation there are few better places in the country. We are a short drive to beautiful mountains, a world class trout streams, ski areas, and Yellowstone National Park!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Shooting video and editing
• Posting stories on the web
• Posting content to station social media platforms
• May include overnight and/or weekend hours
• Carrying equipment on a daily basis.
• The ability to operate a motor vehicle
• A bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field
• Prior experience as a broadcast news Videographer, or MMJ will also be considered in evaluating qualifications.
• Great communication and people skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv80-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.