News Anchor / MMJ - KCTV
NEWS ANCHOR (W/END)/ MMJ - KCTV
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
KCTV5 is seeking a Weekend Anchor/MMJ. A successful candidate will, first and foremost, be a leader of all editorial content on the weekends. They will help decide and execute content decisions for the weekend crew.
During the week, this person will be a dynamic, high-level storyteller who gathers news for multiple platforms including on-air, web, and social media. We are looking for an MMJ who knows how to enterprise and pitch great stories, with the goal of being the lead story each and every day.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Anchor weekend newscasts.
• Gather and report general assignment lead stories in multiple newscasts as an MMJ.
• Ability to shoot, write, edit, and post stories, pictures, and videos to serve our audience on all platforms.
• Ability to connect with the audience.
• Strong research skills with ability to employ critical thinking skills to dig deeper into incoming news tips.
• Develop sources within the community to gain unique insight and reports on important and impactful issues.
• Appear on air and coordinate live shots.
• Work well under pressure in deadline-driven situations.
• Candidate must work with a sense of immediacy and on a team while exhibiting sound news judgment and ethics.
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field preferred.
• 1-2 years MMJ/Anchoring experience preferred.
• Exceptional news judgment.
• Professional knowledge of broadcast news operations.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r142ym-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.