News Anchor / MMJ - KCTV
NEWS ANCHOR/MMJ (HYBIRD) - KCTV
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The Anchor/MMJ is a hybrid role. This candidate must be able to research, shoot, write and edit daily reports for television, digital and social platforms. This person is also expected to pitch story ideas daily that are interesting and compelling, and also consistent with the station's brand. Developing contacts and sources in the community is also a must. The ideal candidate should have at least three years experience as a MMJ for a broadcast news station, and be able to handle breaking news and live field coverage. This person must also be able to fill-in anchor on a variety of news shows. This person must have strong writing skills and be able to work well under pressure.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Shoot, write and edit packages for air
- Perform live shots in the field and in the studio
- Anchor newscasts, as needed
- Fantastic newsroom citizenship
- Pitch news stories daily
- Ability to write web stories and post on social media
- 3-5 years of MMJ experience
- 1-2 years anchoring experience
- Phenomenal newsroom citizenship
- Ability to report breaking news live in the studio and in the field
- Excellent on-camera presentation
- Be able to write in a clear, concise and conversational manner
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx82wo-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.