Digital Producer / Assignment Editor - KCTV
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate, serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
KCTV is seeking an ambitious Digital Producer/Assignment Editor. In this position, you will be at the center of all of the action. This is a hybrid role. Three days during the week, you will contribute to our digital content. On the weekends, you will run our dayside assignment desk and also post digital content. If this fast-paced position sounds interesting to you, please apply.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing for all KCTV platforms, on-air (tickers), website, social media, mobile platforms
- Create unique and interesting content, that makes KCTV stand out on social media
- Listen to police and fire scanners for potential breaking news
- Make calls to confirm and coordinate potential stories
- Dispatch news crews to story assignments
- Grow KCTV's audience, and help news personalities grow in key social media channels
- Manage social media output across all channels, delivering a regular flow of posts every day
- Keep our followers engaged, informed and entertained
- Keep all KCTV teams informed about the field by sharing knowledge of new social media developments
- Assist reporters, anchors, and other news staff in generating content for social media
- Work with the News Producers to integrate content from social media into on-air content
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms, while promoting the brand and its values at all opportunities
- Be an authority on the KCTV brand and competitors
- Drive traffic to the KCTV website
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure.
- Understanding of integrated communications, including role of emerging technologies within ''traditional and non-traditional'' channels
- Extensive knowledge and experience using emerging technologies, content and digital communication methods to develop new programs and strategies
- Editorial and research capabilities
- Technical understanding of video and photo production
- Experience with website maintenance, content, and management systems
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media landscape, networks, and toolsets
- Ability and willingness to participate in emerging media technology space for example; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other applications as they evolve
- Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment
- Ability and willingness to reprioritize quickly and efficiently to rapidly changing needs and situations
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9qpx-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.