Creative Services Producer
Cedar Rapids, IA
CREATIVE SERVICES PRODUCER (Advertising) - KCRG
KCRG TV9 is the ABC affiliate in Cedar Rapids and is owned by Gray Television, Inc. KCRG's crew of dedicated reporters and staff serves the Eastern Iowa region. The station is a longtime leader in local news and programming in the region. KCRG 9.2 bring local live events to Eastern Iowa, including high school and college sports, show choirs, parades, professional baseball, and much more. KCRG is also part of Gray Digital Media (GDM), which offers high quality and targeted digital services, both locally and in all 50 states.
This person will create advertising commercials and promotional videos for KCRG and its advertising clients. This person will be expected to write, shoot and edit creative pieces that adhere to the needs of the advertising client. The commercials will air on broadcast television and in digital / social platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Managing the production process of the advertising campaign for the client
• Write, shoot and edit advertising messages for TV, digital platforms
• High comfort level with writing, shooting video, and editing
• Collaborate with advertising clients and sales executives on strategy for image and topical marketing messages
• Must have strong communication skills, both in written and verbal forms
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
• Have strong customer service skills
• Must be trained and licensed to fly a drone for commercial shoots
• B.A. Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience in working in a TV station or other media and production
• Media experience preferred
Skills Required -
• Video editing software (Avid, Edius, Premiere, etc.)
• Adobe Graphic Suite
• Experience shooting high-quality video
• Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly, monthly and yearly deadlines
• Highly creative and self-motivated
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x9py-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.