Creative Services Producer
Cedar Rapids, IA
Creative Services Producer - KCRG
CREATIVE SERVICES PRODUCER (Branding) - KCRG
KCRG TV9 is the ABC affiliate in Cedar Rapids and is owned by Gray Television, Inc. KCRG's crew of dedicated reporters and staff serves the Eastern Iowa region. The station is a longtime leader in local news and programming in the region. KCRG 9.2 bring local live events to Eastern Iowa, including high school and college sports, show choirs, parades, professional baseball, hockey and much more. KCRG is also part of Gray Digital Media (GDM), which offers high quality and targeted digital services, both locally and in all 50 states.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Managing the production of branding materials of the station.
• Create and manage station brands, cross platform marketing and graphic design
• High comfort level with marketing including social media
• Collaborate with News Director on strategy for image and topical marketing messages
• Participates in planning/implementation of specialty publicity material for special event activities
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
• Work with General Sales Manager to enhance presentations and promotional opportunities
• Keep abreast of media technologies as they apply to on-air promotions and graphics
• Keen eye on industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for the station
• Producing compelling daily news topicals and station image campaigns to generate viewer interest
• Assist in joint promotional efforts with media partners
• Assist in commercial production
• Assist in the creation of contests/promotions
• Create radio (and cable) spots for outside media
• B.A. Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience in working in a TV station marketing, media and production.
• Media experience preferred.
Skills Required -
• Video editing software (Avid, Edius, Premiere, etc.)
• Adobe Graphic Suite
• Experience shooting high-quality video.
• Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly, monthly and yearly deadlines
• Highly creative and self-motivated
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93n07-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.