KCRA 3, the #1 station in Northern California, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who is eager to cover our diverse community. The successful candidate is innovative, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting.
• Generate strong story ideas that lead newscasts.
• Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise, investigative angles and has exclusive elements.
• Develop a network of diverse sources to highlight stories of significance.
• Consistently contribute engaging content on all TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
• Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
• Exceptional live reporting skills.
• Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• 3 or more years of reporting experience.
• Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Must be willing to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.