Anchor / Reporter
KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station in Sacramento, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter to join our #1 team. The successful candidate is innovative, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting.
• Generate strong story ideas every day that lead newscasts.
• Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise angles and has exclusive elements.
• Develop a network of sources to spotlight issues of significance in our diverse community.
• Consistently contribute engaging content on all TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
• Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
• Exceptional live reporting skills.
• Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• At least 2 years of reporting experience.
• Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Must be willing to work weekends, mornings and holidays.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vv7q-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.