KCRA 3, the #1 station in Northern California, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who is eager to cover our diverse community. The successful candidate is innovative, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting. In-person attendance is required.
• Generate strong story ideas that lead newscasts.
• Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise, investigative angles and has exclusive elements.
• Create stories that employ innovative techniques, graphics and animations to engage our audience.
• Develop a network of diverse sources to highlight stories of significance.
• Consistently contribute dynamic content on TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
• Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
• Exceptional live reporting skills.
• Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• 4 or more years of reporting experience.
• Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33z64-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.