KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station that is #1 in Northern California, is seeking a reporter who thinks differently about telling stories in our diverse community. The successful candidate has a track record of creative and innovative storytelling with a personal touch. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting.
• Create stories that employ innovative techniques, graphics and animations to cover important issues with depth.
• Develop mini-docs and other contemporary presentations to speak to a broader audience on all platforms.
• Develop a network of diverse sources to highlight stories of significance.
• Consistently contribute engaging content on all TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
• Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
• Exceptional live reporting skills.
• Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
• 4 or more years of reporting experience.
• Your reel must showcase your innovative work.
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts as needed and holidays.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7qjm-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.