KCRA-TV, the Hearst Television station that is #1 in Northern California, has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production and work as a team with the technical staff. A proactive attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. The right candidate should thrive on breaking news and continuous coverage as we strive to own the big story.
• Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
• 3 years directing fast-paced newscasts
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility, including early mornings and weekend duties.
• The Newscast Director will be required to post video content to KCRA's digital platforms.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yovm-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.