Digital Special Project Producer
KCRA has an immediate opening for an innovative full-time photojournalist/editor. We are the #1 station in the Sacramento region and a strong presence in Northern California. Our award-winning news team sets a very high bar for excellent journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big coverage of big stories, weather and investigative reporting.
Our photojournalists are passionate about news and great visual storytelling. We are looking for an outstanding photographer who knows how to balance both the big picture and the small details; a creative thinker; a fierce competitor in breaking news and a very strong team player.
This is an IBEW Union position.
• Shoot engaging, dynamic video and sound for stories as assigned
• Crisp, clean, compelling editing skills
• Operate ENG truck/TVU for live shots
• Foster team work and collaboration with reporters and other news staff
• Post video and pictures to multiple digital platforms
• Employ exceptional problem-solving skills
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Ability to work well under very strict deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live breaking news
• Expertise with non-linear editing and familiarity with Adobe Premiere
• Ability to carry at least 50 pounds of equipment
• A valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Must be willing to work any shift
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
• Bilingual experience is a plus
• Military DINFOS experiece is a plus
• Familiarity with helicopter photography is a plus
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.