KCRA 3, the #1 station in Sacramento, is looking for a strong journalist who will anchor and report on a daily basis to connect with our audience. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, we're looking for a candidate who is eager to break the big stories. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources and has excellent live anchoring skills.
• Anchor a high-profile newscast Monday through Friday.
• Turn daily content in the field that will be presented live or in-studio in newscasts.
• Deliver scripted and adlib material with professionalism, purpose and an authentic voice.
• Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience.
• Collaborate with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production.
• Summarize information into easy-to-understand components during continuous breaking news coverage.
• Demonstrate unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind.
• Demonstrate exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Able to work varied shifts as needed.
• Appear on behalf of the station at public events.
• Past anchor experience (3+ years) required.
• Past reporting experience (3+ years) required.
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Demonstrate expertise with multiplatform content and social media engagement.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Bilingual experience is a plus.
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2xbj6-3-84-132-40-42 in your application.