KCCI is seeking a photographer-editor who will edit video for newscasts as well as shoot video in the field. Our ideal candidate has an eye for visual storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing with great pictures and sound. Must have excellent editing, time-management and organization skills. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, CBS and CNN platforms are important. You must be a team player, while maintaining the highest journalistic standards.
• Edit video for newscasts including opens, teases, PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, and preproduction material.
• Working with producers, reporters, and managers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and natural sound.
• Coordinating feeds from other news organizations and incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video, maintain news video archives.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• Ability to work a variety of schedules including early morning, late nights and weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6jeb0-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.