KCCI 8 News, Iowa's News Leader, is looking for an anchor/reporter who can connect with viewers by developing and delivering compelling content. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it conversationally and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable.
Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters.
Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Works with reporters and producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that impact viewers in central Iowa, delivering unique enterprise angles and exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting deadlines under pressure
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events
• Past anchor and reporting experience required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Demo reel should be indicative of everyday work
• Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91jw-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.