KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. Our station is committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms, producing and airing more than 50 hours of original local news and weather programming each week on television. Our 24/7 digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement and content. We invest in the latest news-gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the training, support, tools and opportunities for success in the ever-changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
We seek self-starters with a sense of urgency who can sell new business on-air, online, and on mobile platforms while maintaining and growing existing businesses. This position is for an Advertising and marketing Sales person with a self-starter mentality and with the ability to be customer service oriented. This individual must be able to assess the needs of local businesses and then develop custom advertising/marketing solutions for clients across television and digital platforms. Customer service is important as this individual will be stewarding their clients' campaigns. Emphasis on new business development will be key for this individual.
Duties/Responsibilities for the candidate will include (but not limited to):
- Drive advertising sales across all KCBD platforms: on-air, online, and mobile
- Make sales calls to new and existing clients
- Exceed budget through new and existing business development
- Continually prospect and develop new and non-traditional revenue opportunities
- Establish relationships; interact and positively influence both internal and external customers
- Understand client needs and collaborate with internal teams to create customized, integrated solutions
- Develop marketing and advertising plans for clients
- Build and deliver compelling sales presentations
- Participate in execution from pre-sell through post-recap of all advertising strategies
- Manage orders for accuracy
- Develop quarterly and annual plans to drive revenue and market share
- Other duties as assigned
• ️ Candidate must have strong prospecting, marketing, presentation, and closing skills. A demonstrated track record of past selling skills is required; a media and/or marketing background is a plus. We are looking for a self-starter with a strong work ethic and integrity. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving, and organizational abilities are a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed; Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, and Monarch experience are a plus. The ideal candidate will have a creative and tenacious spirit and enjoy working and collaborating on projects.
*** Valid driver's license and reliable transportation needed ***
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KCBD-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby98y-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.